Why Fiber Cement Is Better Than Other Sidings
Saturday, September 08, 2018
Most homeowners are familiar with vinyl, cedar-shake or even stucco siding. However, there’s a new siding in town Colorado homeowners may not know about: fiber cement siding. For homeowners in the Denver area, this siding is a vast improvement over other siding for several reasons.
There are many different types of exterior siding on the market for homeowners in Colorado to choose from. The most common type homeowners choose is vinyl siding. However, due to the harsh Colorado weather, such as extreme heat of Summer or extreme coldness of Winter, homeowners need to consider fiber cement siding.
- Vinyl siding: Vinyl siding is the most common siding homeowners chose to either replace old, damaged siding or for exterior remodeling. This type of siding is less resistant to harsh Colorado weather. Vinyl siding cannot stand up to extreme temperatures in Summer or Winter, high winds, or hail.
- Fiber cement siding: Because fiber cement siding is fabricated from wood pulp and cement, this type of siding is the better option for Colorado homeowners. Fiber cement siding can holdup during extreme Colorado weather conditions, such as strong winds, freezing rain, extreme cold and heat.
When Colorado homeowners decide to remodel the exterior of their home, usually the first thing is to look at siding. Most of the time the first option homeowners choose is vinyl siding. But vinyl siding may not be the best option for homeowners living in Colorado due to extreme weather conditions. Homeowners should consider fiber cement siding as the first option when remodeling the exterior of their home.
- Vinyl siding Before Colorado homeowners consider vinyl siding for exterior projects, these factors should be considered: vinyl siding is 0.05 inches thick, melts easily when exposed to extreme heat, and fades.
- Fiber cement siding Fiber cement siding is built strong. Homeowners in Colorado need a siding that is durable to withstand any type of element. Fiber cement siding is five times as thick as vinyl siding, non-combustible, and fade resistant. These factors guarantee fiber cement siding will last Colorado homeowners a lifetime without any problems.
Living in Colorado, homeowners may want to add beauty to their homes by changing the exterior design. A majority of homeowners will purchase vinyl siding for exterior projects. Without knowing the availability of a better alternative, homeowners may choose the wrong type of siding. When looking to add siding to the exterior of a home, Colorado homeowners should consider fiber cement siding.
- Vinyl siding: Vinyl siding is the first product homeowners consider during an exterior remodeling to add beauty to their home. Although vinyl siding comes in a variety of textures and colors, it does not hold up well in the extreme Colorado weather. Instead of adding beauty to a home, vinyl may in fact create major problems for homeowners.
- Fiber cement siding: Colorado homeowners should consider fiber cement siding as an added feature to the exterior of their home. This type of siding is built to resist many elements, as well as it can be painted, and homeowners can choose from many designs that look like brick or other popular exterior designs.
When homeowners decide to remodel the exterior of their home they are also deciding in a lifetime investment. Adding siding to the exterior of your home is a major investment. Choosing the right siding is also an investment. Knowing which siding not only adds value to your home but saves money will help Colorado homeowners make the right investment decision.
- Vinyl siding: Although vinyl siding comes in a variety of styles and colors, this type of siding has several issues. Homeowners need to be aware that vinyl siding does not hold up well in extreme weather conditions. This is especially important for Colorado homeowners who want to invest in vinyl siding. This type of siding can crack, peel, or deteriorate over time.
- Fiber cement siding: Because fiber cement is durable, it is the best siding for Colorado homeowners to invest in. This type of siding is weather resistant and holds up in extreme conditions. Because fiber cement siding is five times thicker than vinyl siding, it never cracks, peels, or warps. Using fiber cement siding for your next home exterior home improvement project not only will save money but will provide you with a lifetime investment.
To learn more about fiber cement siding, contact your local siding experts at Lifetime Windows and Siding who specialize in James Hardie siding, the top brand of fiber cement siding.